PhD University of California, Berkeley, Comparative Literature
MA San Francisco State University, English Literature
BA Columbia University, History-Sociology
Georgetown College, Georgetown University
Advising and Teaching
- Advise 250 students in the junior and senior classes majoring in foreign languages and psychology, including guiding advisees through degree completion and supporting students through graduate and professional school applications.
- Connect students facing challenges with campus resources to improve their well-being, mental and physical health, and academic experience.
- Evaluate, approve, and articulate transfer credit from domestic and foreign institutions.
- Teach courses in composition, English literature (including Latinx literature), and Spanish language.
- Develop, interpret, and apply academic policies at Georgetown College in collaboration with faculty and a team of College Deans.
- Liaise with the Faculty of Language and Linguistics (FLL), as well as the department of psychology, in matters relevant to academic advising, enrollment management, and other student-facing policies (e.g., language testing guidelines, reconciling degree audit to program major requirements, etc.).
- Collaborate with the Dean and the Vice Dean for Undergraduate Education on College-specific diversity, equity, and belonging initiatives.
- Serve on the leadership team of the Community Scholars Program (CSP) to maintain program mission priorities in the areas of admission, curriculum delivery, and enrollment management. Also, teach writing courses to students participating in the program, when available.
Assistant Professor of Spanish
& Director of Peer Mentor Program
- Developed and taught courses on Spanish language and Latin American culture and literature, including Brazilian literature (in translation).
- Reviewed, assessed, and coordinated Spanish major, minor, and language offerings.
- Recruited, trained, and supervised 15 Peer Mentors a year as Director of Peer Mentor program. Also, coordinated with faculty and campus offices and stakeholders to deliver program.
Spanish (native proficiency)
Brazilian Portuguese (advanced proficiency)
Web Content: WordPress and Drupal
Data: Voyant Tools and AntConc (text mining); Python (web scraping)
Student Information Systems/Data: Banner, Cognos, Slate, and Salesforce (GU360)